Having a hard time remembering all those clever fruit and vegetable selection tips when standing in the produce aisle? That's what Harvest, an application for the iPhone and iPod Touch, is all about.
Whether it's knocking on watermelons, smelling pineapples, squeezing avocados, or examining the color of peaches, you'll know the best approach.
Harvest features an elegant collection of intelligent tips and techniques for purchasing the best quality fruits and vegetables. Harvest was developed with a deep attention to detail and function. With smooth, snappy browsing and searching, it's designed for quick referencing right at the market.
Harvest indicates pesticide residue levels for each fruit and vegetable. To watch your budget and chemical exposure, you can selectively buy organic based on which items were shown to have the highest levels of pesticide residue.
Furthermore, also included is a full list of pesticide levels from worst to best, so you can see the big picture of how pesticides play out across all produce.
You bought it fresh, keep it that way!
To complete the process, Harvest offers instructions on how to best store and keep your perfect produce selections.
Storing has its own plethora of unobvious tips and tricks. For instance, did you know that garlic is best stored out of the refrigerator, and that fresh corn loses half its sugar content in one day out of refrigeration?
• Selecting and storing instructions, tips, and tricks for over 120 fruits and vegetables
• Super-fast searching and filtering for finding an item quickly
• Pesticide residue levels under each item
• Full list of pesticide levels, for the big picture about which items have the most
• Know which items will continue ripening at home, and which are as good as they get when you see them in the store
• Extremely fluid and responsive user interface (smooth scrolling on any device)
• Elegantly designed graphics and images
• Extraordinary attention to detail and usability